The Star Theatre is back with a fully loaded Whisky Tasting event for August - Be there with Bell's on.
The August showcase Tasmanian Distillery is from the northern windswept coastline of our lovely state...you guessed it, Fanny's Bay. Family owned and operated by Mathew & Julie Cooper, they will be present to discuss and share not one, but two of their premium whiskies expressed at cask strength.
The evening will then focus on single malts from the Dufftown Distillery in Scotland, known for being one of the named whiskies used in the Bell's blend.
As always we will enjoy a single malt, cask strength Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) dram (not available in stores), and for which Tom Rofe as a past SMWS Ambassador at ‘The Vaults’ in Edinburgh, will guest present.
$75 Cost includes:
TASMANIAN SHOWCASE DISTILLERY
• 2 x Fanny's Bay Tasmanian Single Malts; each are 15ml serves
Ex-shiraz matured at cask strength, and a ex-bourbon matured finished in sherry at cask strength
• A welcome whisky highball made with 30ml Bell's Blended Scotch;
• 1 x 15ml of the Bell's blended to compare and contrast to the featured distillery's single malts;
• 4 x Dufftown distilled Single Malts, including a Scotch Malt Whisky Society bottling; each are 15ml serves;
The Singleton of Dufftown Single Malt 12 years old
Carn Mor 2009 Dufftown 10 years old
Cooper's Choice 2008 Dufftown 10 years old at cask strength
SMWS 91.24 Rolling in fruit blossom 9 years old at cask strength
• A light supper/tasting morsels.
As usual much of the whisky featured is high in abv and served at ‘cask strength’, so please drink responsibly.
Numbers are strictly limited to 40 whisky tasting participants.
Physical distancing and COVID safe hygiene measures will be in effect.